InstallationInstall EMC Compliance 3 Emission v3.80.2 using the following procedure:
- Make sure you are logged into the Windows Operating System as Administrator and close all other applications that are running.
- It is good practice to back up all sub-folders of your Compliance3 Emission software folder - normally this is C:\Program Files\Compliance3\C3_Emission\. This will preserve your existing dataset files. There is no need to backup the files in the installation folder itself as these will all be overwritten by the new version.
- Select Start > Run and browse to the temporary directory you extracted the installation file to. Select and run the setup.exe file in this directory
- Note: This will start the InstallShield wizard. You may get a message stating that the CD contains an older version of the Windows Install program. If so, click "OK". Accept the licence agreement and click "Next". If you are installing this version as an upgrade, the installation process will provide an Upgrade ID and request an Upgrade code. Send the Upgrade ID to the Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and wait until the Upgrade Key is returned. You can abort the installation and restart when the upgrade key is supplied.
- You may change the User Name and organisation if you wish. If installing on Windows 2000, you may also choose if the program will be available to all users of the PC or only to you.
- Click "Next"
- If you wish to accept the default installation location (recommended), click "Next" or, by selecting "Change", you may choose another location.
- Next, you can choose the Setup Type, "Typical", "Minimal" or "Custom". The default is "Typical" which is the recommended type.
- Click "Next"
- You can review your installation settings and click "Back" to make changes, or "Install" to proceed.
- The copying process will start. This may take several minutes. At the end of the process a message will indicate successful installation. Click "Finish"
- Restart Windows to complete the installation.
Important Note: If you have both Emission and Immunity modules installed on the same PC they MUST both be installed from the same CD. If this is not observed, the software which was from an older distribution CD will not function.
- To start using EMC Compliance3 Emission software, select "Start > Programs > Compliance3 > Emission"
- If this is a first time installation you will need to register to use the full features of the software. The login screen will be shown. Click the yellow key symbol to select demonstration mode using Administrator security levels. The next screen allows you to register the software. This is not required nor will it be possible for demonstration mode.
Demonstration ModeThe following restrictions apply in demonstration mode:
- Folders cannot be created except in the global library
- Users cannot be created
- No objects can be saved to disk except Equipment Configurations
- No printing is possible
- Objects and projects cannot be imported or exported
- Autoreporting results files cannot be created
Offline ModeEMC Compliance3 Emission Offline mode is a special mode of operation that allows users to view, edit and create files within a dataset. However, in Offline mode EMC Compliance3 Emission is unable to communicate with equipment therefore tests and calibrations cannot be performed. This permits fully registered versions of the software to be installed within the RF laboratory and multiple Offline versions to be installed at other locations permitting data from the 'live' fully registered version to be viewed and edited using the Offline installations. This also includes the generation of report files used by Auto Report application. The Offline version is a separate application which must be purchased and registered to use.
Minimum system requirements
- 500MHz Pentium processor or equivalent
- Windows 2000/XP
- 64MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive
- 250MB disk space
- Word 2000 (required for Autoreporting only)
- 256-colour display adapter at 1024 x 768 resolution
- Mouse, keyboard
- Internet Explorer 4+