Last updated 19th April 2007
Compliance3(e) 4.00 SP2 Release May 21st 2007
Summary of changes and enhancements
Users can now correctly add new folders when they have been given write permission for the respective area.
Users that do not have global library read permission will now not see the global library in the browser.
A new embedded routine has been added called MergeContResultsNoBreak which performs the same action as
MergeContResult but does not insert a trace break between none aligning traces.
problem has been fixed in the configuration editor where the name of
the manufacturers defaults was not displayed for factor files.
A problem with the Global Reporting for large numbers of columns has been fixed.
Compliance3(e) 4.00 SP1 Release April 2007
Summary of changes and enhancements
- Fix for bug preventing the copying of files in User areas.
Compliance3(e) 4.00 Release April 2007
Summary of changes and enhancements
- USB hardware key now supported
- New format of result graph presentation (Un-necessary items have been removed from the screen and only shown when required.)
New auto peak creation method for using limit margin to order peaks,
(Can now sort peaks by furthest from the limit line when above the
limit or closest to the limit when below. This is in addition to the
previous highest to lowest value.)
- Files and folders browser now brought in line with Compliance3 Immunity
- Folders can now be renamed
User Defined Test Form now includes links to Positioner attributes in
base test and also now has multiline captions.
New embedded routines for power calculation for GTEM (allows display
of Total Radiated Power)
- New embedded routines for continuous peak hold results
- New embedded general purpose routines
Compliance3(e) v3.90 Release August 2006
This release saw the introduction of USB
drivers for all Compliance3 software. Note that it is not possible for
users to create their own USB drivers.
Compliance3(e) v3.80 Release January 2006
Work completed for this release
Improved test method editor for ease of use including colour co-ordination of variables and key words.
Improved debugging tools in test method editor allowing user to debug single line at a time in the data maniuplation blocks.
lines can now be dynamically loaded and unloaded and also can be
dynamically created to allow result dependent limit lines.
User defined forms can now be launched as a modal dialog from within a test method allowing greater flexibility for user input.
Enhanced programmable display messages are now available.
All embedded routines can now be called from witihin a data manipulation block allowing reduced flow chart complexity.
- Ability to save and load an individual trace to or from a result file from within a test method.
Work still in progress but intended to be done for next release
- Additions to on-line help to cover new features and expand on existing ones.
Compliance3(e) v3.70.2 released October 2004
Addition of a "Quick Report" ( available to Compliance3, EMIPAK3 and
GTEM3 ) and a "Global Report" ( available only to Compliance3 ).
Addition of an Emissions assistant to help the user perform some of the more common and time consuming setup operations.
Test Method Properties
A test method properties page is now available such that the user
defined parameters and other specific test options can be setup when
creating the primary method to bew used by tests.
These are then used to set up a test parameter set when the method is attached as the primary method.
Folders and Files Viewer
A mirror cache is now used to improve the performance of the files scanning process.
The viewer now allows multiple selections of the files to aid in deleting or copying more than one file at a time.
Individual files can now have a separate colour associated with then to
aid in identifying specific files amoungst a large group.
Users can now be directly toggled between a normal user or a shared area.
The list of files can now be ordered by creation date or alphabetically.
More working tests have been added to the Teseq Default Area including the EMIPAK3 and GTEM3 folders ( Compliance3 only ).
These folders are highlighted in red.
Importing and Exporting Folders
Importing and exporting folders can now be done using a single file destination. This make moving files easier.
Test Method Editor
A WHILE .. ENDWHILE loop can now be used in test method DMBs. These cannot be nested.
Additional Test Method Embedded Subroutines
For Spot Result Sets
Compliance3(e) v3.61.1 Service Pack 1 released 19th February 2004
The service pack is a self-extracting .exe file. The default location for the extraction is
The path should be set to wherever the Compliance3 suite has been installed if the installation default path has not been used.
NOTE: The path must point to the base Compliance3 directory NOT the Compliance3 Emissions directory.
service pack contains a complete manufacturers default set of files and
will overwrite the existing one. It contains everything that was in
there before plus a new folder called "Multiple Detector Test" which
uses a new subroutine method called "Continuous Synchronous Sweep
Using Multiple Detectors" in the General
Secondary Methods folder. It also contains a new SchEmcMeasure.dti and new SchEmcUnifiedMeasure.dts,
SchEmcSimulateMeasure.dts and SchEmcPreSetWaveSimulator.dts files which will replace the old ones in the drivers directory.
Compliance3(e) v3.61.1 November 2003
Enhancements for version 3.61.1 of C3e
- Pre-Conversion unit selectable for the transducer in the configuration editor
- Transducers, loss factors and device drivers can now be opened from inside the configuration editor
- Copy and Paste folder feature
importing or pasting files the user is prompted to reserve existing
files or copy over the top of existing files in that folder.
user can now select a default user/folder in the treeview window such
that on activation of the treeview the default path is expanded
- Transducer and loss factor editors now have paged grid control for large number of points
- Allow language translation of captions on text buttons by using SHIFT-F2
- Allow GPIB simulation at hardware level to be based on a per device method
- Peak tables now have an add and delete button for attaching or removing points from any of the peak or spot tables
- When opening continuous or spot tables the first trace that contains data will be the one displayed
- GDO frequency scaling now covers exact range required zoomed into when in log mode
- Printing of peak tables now uses table configuration from result set and does not prompt user for columns
- Textual Outputs of Quick Report and Data Set Files now available
- Another font setting for result tables and grid tables (e.g. transducers, limits, result tables, etc.) is now available
- Option to select which detector groups are to be printed in the fast report
- Extracting graph as insertable object now has landscape facility
- Scaling factor now available for export/import of textual files ( e.g. transducer factors etc ) for the frequencies
- Have ability to zoom in to a graph and then start the test from the current frequency values on the graph
Test Parameters Editor
- Comments now available for individual detector blocks, segments and streams
- Additional embedded routines included for handling control of the continuous and peak table layouts.
- Additional embedded routines for determining which trace has been snapped to with a cursor
- Bug fix for RefreshPeakTable embedded call
- Subroutine test methods can now opened with a double click
- Change all output labels in a test method when an input label changes
- Prevent mask out of decision blocks in test methods in debug mode
User Defined Forms
- User forms can now be attached to a folder and a dropdown list attached for all base tests in that folder
- Common subroutines section now available in the driver device editor
Compliance3(e) v3.60 released 9th June 2003
- Menu option added to load a previous complete result set into currently open test
- Top level start button linked to active test, user defined form or result set
- Units now include spectral intensity.
- Bug fix for selecting runtime segment parameters when multi-start buttons activated
- Bug fix for paged listing of values in continuous and peak tables
- Bug fix for printing test method pictures.
- Multiple Detectors now supported for making parallel measurements on instruments that support this.
- Detector names and RBWs now attached to each trace
- Now have 6 peak hold traces available and 2 auto peak analysis traces
- Result tables are now configurable with additional user defined fields to store uncommitted values.
trace usage monitor bars on the result graph now have per trace
properties allowing appearance changes and also a Cut/Copy/Paste
facility.This allows easy manipulation of traces on the fly.
- Additional embedded routines included for handling extra peak hold traces and auto peak analysis traces.
- Additional embedded routines for run-time configuration of result tables.
- Additional embedded routines for turning cursors off during running of tests.
- Additional embedded routines for acquiring transducer and loss factor during test execution.
User Defined Forms
- User defined forms can now be created to allow the user to configure how their tests are presented.
- Additional interface function to handle multiple detector measurements.
- The driver editor tool now has an online help facility.
Compliance3(e) v3.51 released 6th March 2003
- Automatic default name for file exports made up by the object name followed by .exp
- Object selection forms now sizeable
- Shared Areas will be creatable by the administrator
- Runtime parameters of segment now available in a separate window
- Peak search facility on the spin button panel
- Automatic default name for file text outputs made up by the object name followed by the result set name
- File text outputs of all result traces from an open result object in one go
- Multiple start button options now available
Fix for showing continuous trace over/underrange. Also includes ability
to suppress showing of these in test parameter set and post processing
- User parameters can now be invoked from within a test method
- Continuous and Spot traces can now be added or subtracted in one embedded call
- Device attributes can now be extracted from the test configuration from inside a flow chart using an embedded call.
Test Parameters Editor
- Limit line thickness selectable from the test parameter setup
- Limit lines can now be attached to segment groups instead of detectors
- Individual offset values can now be applied to each limit line
- Increase number of segment groups to 10.
- Test editor form re-sizeable.
Limit Line Editor
- Limit lines can now be discontinuous
Compliance3(e) v3.50 released 4th November 2002
This update is available for those requiring the new features provided. A fuller update is foreseen for delivery in early 2003.
- Bug fix for importing files for transducers, limit lines and loss factors.
- Bug fix for results form overlays when cursors are moving.
Changes and Additions
- A test complete message is now displayed at the end of a test if the status window is configured to be active.
changes when using its corresponding editor are now indicated by (*)
appended to the object name at the top of the editor form. This is
cleared when object is saved.
- History management now completed including improved selection form and deletion of entries if the associated object is deleted.
- A fast access panel is now available on the main form containing shortcut buttons for some of the features.
- Cursors now tolerant to unit conversions on graph.
- Spin Button and Positioner Pictures now operate flicker free.
- Spot tables now show a "-" entry for limit line and difference values when no associated limit line is present.
- Post Processing of Results
- Can now manually overlay previous results and clear specific traces.
- Can now change the graph boundaries after the test has run.
- Test Methods
embedded routines included for analysing the continuous result sets and
the spot result sets. Examples of these are included in the Teseq
Examples data set.
- Additional embedded routines included for overlaying previous results during the test sequence.
Manipulation Blocks now have processing for IF/ELSE/ENDIF code and also
a GOTO to jump to an input label on another part of the flow chart.
- Test Parameters Editor
are now grouped into streams ( up to 10 max ) such that different
devices can be switched in and out during multiple sweeps of a test.
within a segment parameter block can now be applied to all segments at
the time of the edit session by the use of a check box. This removes
the need to open each segment in turn to make common changes.
- Device Drivers
- Additional interface function to determine what is supported by a selected driver file.
- Measurement device driver DTS and DTI now have ability to do peak hold on the actual device itself.
- The driver editor tool now has an interactive mode to test out a driver file.
Compliance3(e) v3.41 released 1st June 2002
- Bug fix for user passwords when using Project locked files.
Changes and Additions
Teseq Examples view window now allows example tests and methods to be
displayed simultaneously with the users data set. Files and folders can
be extracted out of the examples and into the users area.
- Result graph now includes spin button control and frequency selection button panel.
display panel now extended to allow displays to be activated after a
test has been run to facilitate post processing result examination.
- Enhanced screen positioning of graph and result tables.
usage monitor now available to display at bottom of graph to allow user
to track what traces are in use at any time during the test.
embedded routines for positioning the cursors during a test and also
for reading the cursor to establish a frequency point to use in a test.
Compliance3 (e) v3.40SP1 released 7th May 2002
Changes and additions
- User, Folders and Data File names can now start with numeric characters
- The category toolbar can now be positioned at top, left, bottom or right of main form
- Bug fix for when only one user is configured and that user is locked as a system projects group user
Compliance3 (e) v3.40 released 1st May 2002
Changes and additions
- Category tool bar can now be selected to be down left side of form or across the top
- All graph based objects can now be extracted as OLE insertable objects
- Enhanced presentation for Folders and Files View
- Insert/Export textual field delimited files into/out of transducer editor, loss/gain editor and limit line editor
- Result graph now includes cursors
- Final result can now have post processing actions as follows;
- Change graph titles
- Change level axis units
- Change scaling properties and decimal point resolution
- Add limit lines to and remove them from the final result
- Result tables now complete and can be automatically positioned on screen with the graph.
- Result tables can be exported to text delimited files
- Trace attributes form is now a tabbed control
- Running a Test
- Scaling properties can now be manually set up
- Graphical auto-ranging is now available on the Y axis
- Traces can be allocated names and these names can be shown on the actual graph
- Trace thickness and spot size now selectable Turn key execution of a test
- Test Methods
can now be invoked directly for Switch Boxes and these will
automatically update the internal path in the equipment configuration
- Additional embedded routines for copying results traces from one trace to another
- Additional embedded routines for merging trace results and auto peak analysis results
- Activation of Debug utility from within the C3e main software menu system
- Limit Lines, Transducers and Loss components can now be exported or imported as text delimited files
- Addition of Blank driver for uncommitted device types. Includes a device shape for the config editor
issues of language files are now merged in automatically. The merge
button on the language selection form has thus been removed
- Output file extraction added for auto report generation
- User defined fields for report generation. Example usage includes author, company name etc.
Compliance3 (e) v3.30 released 29th January 2002
- Addition of second toolbar ( category bar ) at top of main form for fast access to opening files
- Ability to import and export project folders for copying and moving blocks of files.
file selection forms Improved editor for test methods to allow all
variables to be displayed at same time as flow charts and to be able to
"double click them" into the cells.
of GTEM support. Includes config editor changes to place the GTEM and
set its characteristics and also additional embedded methods to do
merging of planes.
- Additional algorithm for determining peaks on a swept result. This allows frequency distributed peak analysis.
- Finalisation of switch box support in config editor and in test execution.
test editor which now uses tabbed control for better layout. Also limit
lines can now be associated with any number of different detectors.
- Addition of on-line help system with some pages included. More to come on next release
Compliance3 (e) v3.02 released 18th October 2001
Compliance3 (e) v3.01 released 19th September 2001
- Serial devices are now supported, if the driver file has been written to allow this.
Mostly of these changes are trivial and designed to allow future integration of EMC Compliance3(i).
- Object Version Changes C3_Emissions.exe 3.01 Addition of serial parameters.
- No import for compiled TMs.
- Restart required to bring in user attributes
- SchEmcDCache.dll 3.01 Use Heap Alloc
- SchEmcFileAccess.dll 3.01 Use MFC layout
- SchEmcDriverHook.dll 3.01 Bus types list added
- SchEmcTools.dll 3.01 Use MFC layout
- SchCesConfigEditor.ocx 3.01 Processing bus types from driver
- SchCesTestMethodEditor.ocx 3.01 Additional codes from driver
- SchCesTestEditor.ocx 3.01 Presentation changes for segment values
- SchSWLock.ocx 3.01 Set focus on start of user entered KEY ID
Compliance 3 (e) v3.00 - first release August 2001
This version was not widely released
Compliance 3 Autoreport v2.10 - first release 1st June 2001